Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Teaser Tuesday | Awakened #TheGuardianLegacy

Title:  Awakened
Series:  The Guardian Legacy [Book1]
Length:  272 Pages
Genre:  YA Fantasy

TEASER

I felt a presence behind me, then someone held my hair away from my face as I emptied the contents of my stomach. I shook with fear and anger. Everyone I ever loved always left me, taken by the same demon.

Why? Tears escaped past my eyelids and slid down my face.

I heard murmurs, recognized Kim’s voice, Izzy’s perfume. Someone pushed a wad of tissue in my hand. “How are you feeling?” Izzy whispered

“Pissed,” I snarled, wiping my eyes and mouth.

“Good,” she said. “We are, too.”

I blinked at them.

They nodded. “The old geezers out there can’t do this,” Izzy said.

“We won’t let them,” Kim added. “Between now and first period tomorrow, the six of us will have kicked some demon butts, rescued your grandfather and Moira and teleported home like the bad-ass heroes that we are.”

“Six?” I asked.

“Bran must lead us. How else will we know where to go, when to hit them while they’re vulnerable?”

Tears crested my eyes, again. Had I thought these girls were arrogant? I did, and they were. But the last few days showed me they were much more. I plopped on the bathroom floor, more tears flowing down my face.

“Hey. We said we were on your side,” Kim protested.

“I know. I’m happy to have you guys as my friends.”

They pulled me up and wrapped their arms around me in a group hug. I only cried harder. They didn’t let go until I calmed down.

Kim was the first to step back. “Come on. Let’s join the others. We have some planning to do.”

No comments:

Post a Comment