Monday, April 28, 2014

'One-Click' for Torin TODAY! #RunesSeries #Seeress @EdnahWalters

Get Seeress TODAY!
Runes Series: Book 3
Amazon Kindle Click Here!
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/19455949-seeress

We headed toward the lockers. Cora talked nonstop about the people she’d helped over the weekend, but she was careful not to mention the word ‘soul’. There were rules for Immortals and Valkyries, but the number was anonymity. Mortals were not supposed to know about our world.

Now that the swim season was over, Cora was working a few times a week and Saturdays at hospitals and nursing homes. Six months ago, she’d insisted that working for the Habitat for Humanity was enough community services to impress any college application committees. Nursing homes and hospitals were going to write her a glowing recommendation for the time she spent with patients.

Me? I didn’t think any college admin would ever know I’d saved lives. I couldn’t explain the things I’d done.

Torin disappeared toward his locker, while Cora and I headed toward ours. I was putting my books away when a sliver of awareness shot up my spine. I associated that sizzle with the Norns, except this time was different.

Someone was humming a tune. The song was familiar but I couldn’t place it. I tried to find the source. Heart pounding, I turned and searched for the source. I couldn’t tell where it came from or explain why the hairs on my neck rose.

Cora slammed the door of her locker and yanked my attention. I grabbed my folder and the books for my morning classes, and followed her. Torin met us in the middle of the hallway.

One look at me and he asked, “What’s wrong?”

I squeezed his hand. He knew what that meant: wait.

“See you at lunch,” Cora said and took off toward her English class. Torin and I headed upstairs toward the math floor. His jock buddies followed us like he was a magnet. Someone was throwing a party on Friday. Another had a birthday party or was it dinner? One wanted him to join Lacrosse.

We lost them a door away from my math class and I heard it again. The same song was being hummed again. This time I recognized the tune from last night during my vision, or whatever it was. I turned and searched the students hurrying past us. The sound rose above the conversations and the laughter. Was I the only one hearing it?

Torin caught my hand. “Hey? What’s going on?”

“Can’t you hear it?” The person was using words now. Not English.

“Hear what?”

“The song.” I didn’t understand the words, but the song was sweet and soothing, like a lullaby. I cocked my eyebrows at Torin. “It’s beautiful, isn’t it?”

Torin shook his head. “I, uh, can’t hear anything other than the noise from the students.” The first bell rang. “And the bell.”

The song disappeared, drowned by the bell or the singer decided to stop. “You didn’t hear that haunting music?”

He frowned. “No. You sure you’re okay?”

“Yeah, or I’m hallucinating.” I didn’t tell him it was the song I’d heard last night during my vision or he’d start worrying. “Let’s go.”

We entered the class just ahead of Mrs. Bates. Torin’s seat was right behind mine. When I glanced back, he was still frowning. I shouldn’t have mentioned the song.

“I’m fine,” I mouthed.

His expression said he didn’t believe me. For the rest of the class, my thoughts kept drifting to what I’d heard and what it meant.


https://www.facebook.com/events/632723963447787/
Click Here

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your interesting and informative blog. I have enjoyed reading it and appreciate the work you have put into it. Here is some relevant information for you to review .
    Kids Tactical Vests

    ReplyDelete